Citrus Poached Tilapia BLT Sandwich
- SERV 2
- COOK 10 Mins
2 Regal Springs Tilapia Filets (about 6 ounces each)
1 quart water
3 lemons – sliced in half
1 lime – sliced in half
3 sprigs fresh thyme
6 cloves garlic
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 thick slices sourdough bread (cut from a loaf ideally)
1 head bibb lettuce
2 large beefsteak or heirloom tomato, sliced
8 slices bacon – cooked
1 avocado, sliced
For the dressing (whisk together):
¼ cup mayo
¼ cup sour cream
2 tablespoons siracha
1 lemon – zest and juice
2 tablespoons chives
1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- For the Tilapia:
- In a large pot, add lemons, limes, thyme and garlic to one quart of water. Bring to simmer.
- Add the tilapia and turn the heat down so it cooks at a lazy bubble until firm, about 4 minutes. Strain and cool in the fridge.
- When cool, gently flake into large pieces and toss in a touch of lemon juice and olive oil.
- For the Dressing:
- Whisk all dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- For the Sandwich:
- Toast/Grill the sourdough bread. Brush base of bread liberally with the dressing.
- Top with lettuce, tomato, avocado, bacon and Tilapia.
- Drizzle the second piece of toast liberally with more dressing. Top and slice to serve.